I’ve had this book for the longest time now. It’s one of the first batch of Korean books I ordered through Seoul Selection a few years ago. However, it sadly sat on my bookshelf for some time and went with me wherever I got assigned in for the past couple of years but I never really got to use it and write a review. Now that I am reviewing for TOPIK II, I finally got more than just randomly scanning through the pages.
So here’s a quick review:
- It goes through all important points of the Korean grammar and basic sentence construction.
- It has a table of contents at the back arranged alphabetically in Korean.
- Good as a supplementary material for study
- Has lots of sample sentences for the learner to understand the context in which the grammar can be used.
- English translations are available.
- No practice tasks or grammar exercises.
- No summary or comparison of grammar points with similar meanings or usages which can be very helpful especially for self-study
Recommended for self-study?
Yes. But not as a main language study material. Good only as a supplementary material for further study on difficult grammar points.
Korean Grammar for International Learners
Authors: Ho-bin Ihm, Kyung-pyo Hong, Suk-in Chang
Publisher: Yonsei University Press
Price: 17,000 Won / 15 USD at Seoul Selection
To know more about Seoul Selection, read HERE.